About This WWII Letters Site

About this site.

   My interest in military correspondence began in 2004, while my son was serving in Afghanistan. I got a letter from “over there”, and after I read it, I was holding it in my hand, and it just suddenly struck me that it was a small piece of history.
   I started to collect some letters, and I decided that I would let others read them. I know at least one High School History class that has used them in a project. I heard from people that are appreciative of the fact that they have been posted. For anyone interested in history, once you start reading them, it is hard to stop.
   I really do love to hear from people who had family who served in WWII, so if you have a letter, photos, or stories about family who served, and would like to have them posted on this site, I would consider it an honor to do it (I may start a special section for that if I get enough of them). I have been lucky enough to be able to thank a couple of WWII veterans personally for their service. 
   I will attempt to add new content to this site weekly.

   If you have any comments or suggestions about this site, feel free to contact me at Heroletters@aol.com

No comments: