WWII Letter Morfolden Germany May 1945



Written by a soldier who was in Morfolden ? Germany, during WW2, in May 1945. He was with the 33rd Armored Regiment, and was with the 3rd Spearhead Division. From the letter…….Honey are they saying anything in the states about the men from over here getting out or anything of that sort? I sure hope I don’t have to go to the Pacific. I would just as well stay over here instead of going over there. But I would love to go to the states. Well Dear there isn’t much I can say. I am not sure if we can write of some of the places we have been. We were able to visit Nordhausen when they found that camp. I know the people in the states know about it as you wrote and told me about it. That is where General Rose got killed at. Honey that is one place I never will forget. You can’t tell people about it as they wouldn’t believe it. I guess you have saw some of the pictures that they took didn’t you? Well nearly all camps over here just like that was the same. The was we treat the prisoners in the states is really too good. I wondered a lot of times since I have been over here if they leave them go around just like they did at Knox……...Well if Bob is in the 1st maybe sometime soon we may meet. Well they couldn’t shell around him any more than they did me. I know we had a plenty. I don’t know about the nervous wreck but if I have to go any where else I sure will be……. I got my first bath for almost 4 weeks……..Closing with all the love, kisses and hugs I can send to the best wife, girl friend and sweet heart I ever want to know........
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: