Air Cadet, Naviation School Monroe Louisiana 1942 WWII Letter

This letter was written by an Air Cadet, in Navigation School, Monroe, Louisiana, October 1, 1942. From the letter…..

   I know you think this is a little out of the ordinary. Well, it is. I’m not sure yet where I’ll address my letter. I have tow places in mind, I doubt if either is right. In case you don’t remember me I’m the agri. Man. I saw you last winter in Woolworth’s 5 and 10. Remember? Well, yes or no. I’m writing a nice looking girl I went to school with. I remember you o what’ the difference. Oh yes, I’m in the Army. I know you’ve heard of that. I’m a Cadet, in the school of navigation. I’m really going to school again. I’ve only been here 4 weeks, so I don’t really know what the score is. There’s a term, “get on the ball”, that means be eager, get busy and do something. The “ball” is getting so big I can hardly see around it, let alone get on it. By that I mean I’m really busy.
   Are you teaching this year? I remember you were at Russellville last year. I’d like to see you, I could tell you a lot about he army, and I’ve only been in for 3 months. I was at Nashville. I’m sure I saw a Mr. Thomas that was a football coach at Western. He was a Lt. Do you know if he is there or not? I was there for 6 weeks, and came here. I like the army fine, a lot of nice fellows. It’s lonesome sometimes cause open posts are as scarce as hens teeth. By the way, I haven’t touched hot water since I joined the army, and haven’t been near an airplane yet.
   My friend I think you’ve had enough of the army. I don’t know anything to ask about you, not knowing where you are or what you are doing. I’ll close by saying. I hope you get this.

Very truly yours,


No comments: