USS Algorab WW2 Letter December 1942

Written by a sailor serving aboard the USS Algorab, during WWII, in December 1942. From the Letter…….

Just a few lines in reply to your letter of Dec. 14th I received it on the 16th but did not get a chance to reply as we got underway. I haven’t much that I can say only that I am well and I hope you are feeling much better than you have been. By the time this letter reaches you your night working will be all over and perhaps Christmas. I received a Christmas card from the store…….I don’t know what to tell you dear if our plans don’t turn out the way we expected them, only to take care of yourself and don’t worry about taking money from the bank as that was perhaps one of the reasons we were able to save it for. I am glad your received my Christmas card I bet it was a little wrinkled as it’s a big card and I had it in my pocket about six hours. …….I received my pipes and tobacco that you gave George to bring back and they certainly are swell thanks a lot………

No comments: