Lincoln Nebraska Army Air Base Letter June 1943


Written by a Private, at Lincoln Nebraska Army Air Base, during WWII, in June 1943. He was writing to a T/Sgt. At Hammond General Hospital, in California. From the letter…….

I am finally into the mess. Our group got here at the Lincoln Air Base at about 3:00 AM on Friday morning.

We worked yesterday, and listened to lectures this morning. I guess we will hear more this afternoon. Tomorrow we take exams. Exams for Air Cadet Training soon, that is for me. Next day……Yesterday afternoon we listened to more lectures. We got off until 11:00. I got back to the barracks about 9:00 and went to bed. All of us here talked until after 10:00. Today we are off for the day, but can’t leave the camp. I washed my fatigue outfit a short while ago. I have to write several more letters so will close…….
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: