1307th Signal Pigeon Company Lake Charles Louisiana




This letter was written by a soldier who was stationed at Lake Charles Army Air Base. He was with the 1307th Signal Pigeon Company. The letter was written in July of 1943. From the letter………

Had a big all day party for the company at the Country Club yesterday. All got drunk including the officers and had so many girls they were chasing us. Rode all day with a baby in her new Buick convertible. Have WAACS on the base and some were there on introduced me to her officers and I called them all Sis. They were very mad. This morning I was informed that I was on K.P. for one week. Have been in town nearly every afternoon for a week, caught ever time too!! Was called in the base headquarters the other day and told I had been chosen from the whole base to attend a physical instructors school at Miami for 2 months and come back here a Master Sgt. Had my “ASTP interview but don’t know how I made out as yet.
   Passing by the Federal jail the other day I heard my name called. It was a girl I dated a couple of time here, nice girl huh! At least I thought she was when I took here out. Another one I’ve taken out, I find out here husband is in England. Northern girls for me every time from now on! Have 85 birds now but they keep me doing everything else but train them. I’m getting disgusted and fed up enough to eat all of them. Got the eyes all right and thanks. Wanted them for some stuff the Lt. shoots out here. Also got Bulla’s package and tell her thanks. The jam looks perfect. All for now, ……

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: